- Software for the PlayStation 2 was distributed primarily on DVD-ROM, with some titles being published on CD-ROM
- In addition, the console can play audio CDs and DVD movies and is backward-compatible with almost all original PlayStation games
- Standard PlayStation 2 memory card has an 8 MB capacity
- Console also features 2 USB ports, and 1 IEEE 1394 port
- Hard disk drive can be installed in an expansion bay on the back of the console, and is required to play certain games
The ultimate home entertainment centre starts with PlayStation. Whether you’re into gaming, HD movies, television, music or all of the above, PlayStation offers something great for everyone.
Play it on PlayStation
The biggest names of the gaming world come alive. All the greatest games, TV, music and more.
Familiar feel, richer experience
Keep tight control over your game with improved dual analogue sticks, trigger buttons and a capacitive touch pad.
See key game info at a glance with the 4-colour LED light that is synced to game actions.
Access movies, music and multiplayer gaming through the online world of PlayStation.
Storage Size – 40 GB, CPU – 1 TB, Memory – 32 MB of RDRAM (system RAM)/ 4 MB of eDRAM (video RAM), Graphics – 150 MHz Graphics, Synthesizer, Connectivity – 100 Mbit Ethernet/modem
|Storage Size||40 GB|
|Memory||32 MB of RDRAM (system RAM)/ 4 MB of eDRAM (video RAM)|
|Graphics||150 MHz Graphics Synthesizer|
|Connectivity||100 Mbit Ethernet/modem|
|Type of Console Software||PlayStation 2 (PS2)|